UTOPIAN ACADEMY FOR THE ARTS
Last Updated: February 28, 2023
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly when you interact with the Site. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, request information, send us an email, sign-up to receive updates, make a pledge, request our assistance, use a tool on the Site, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use the Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Site.
Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve the Site and your experience, see which areas and features of the Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Site. For example, we and our service providers may collect information about you from third parties, such as mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
● Provide, maintain, and improve the Site;
● Send you alerts and reminders;
● Provide the information and assistance you request, process and complete registrations and related transactions, and send you receipts and confirmations;
● Request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
● Respond to your emails, questions, comments, submissions, and requests and to provide customer service;
● Send you updates and newsletters and otherwise provide you with information about our organization, or that we otherwise think will be of interest to you, such as sending you news and information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, products and services;
● Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
● Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site and customize your experience on the Site;
● Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better information;
● Carry out any other purpose that you permit;
● Enforce our policies and rights; and
● Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
The Organization is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
● With our affiliates and subsidiaries;
● With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (“Service Providers”);
● With partner organizations whose mission aligns with the Organization’s;
● In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
● If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect or enforce the rights, property and safety of the Organization or others;
● In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, sale of assets, financing, or acquisition or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Organization; and
● With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on the Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian of a child and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
You may request to have your information updated, corrected, or deleted. If you want us to modify or delete your information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.